What can go in your medical waste box?
Full tightly sealed sharps containers, blood or OPIM contaminated items. Tubing, gloves, dressings, disposable instruments, and more. Contact Bioserv for further details.
What size is your waste box?
We have three sizes to choose from.
- 4.3 Cu. Ft. (15X15X28”) with reusable lid & 3 ml liner
- 4.5 Cu. Ft. (18X18X24”) with 3ml liner
- 7.0 Cu. Ft. (19X19X30”) with 3 ml liner
How can I pay my invoice?
You can send check, certified check or money order by mail or you can pay by credit card over the phone, we accept Visa, MasterCard and American Express.
Do you have a contract?
No, we have a basic service agreement that covers standard business and liability requirements. The basic agreement is beneficial for both parties and locks in your price for the entire term. It contains no fixed reoccurring costs or penalties of any kind.
Where does my waste go when it leaves my facility?
It is transported directly from your facility to one of our affiliated EPA/DEC Licensed processing facilities for treatment.
How is medical waste treated?
Medical waste falls into three categories:
- Regulated medical waste
- Your typical medical waste including sharps is treated by high heat auto-clave sterilization. Waste is then shredded and landfilled.
- Chemotherapeutic waste
- This waste type is generated during the administration of cancer medications and is treated by means of incineration. This is a requirement.
- Pathological waste
- This is medical waste containing human or animal tissue and is also treated by means of incineration. This is a requirement.
If I use the “on-call” service how long does it take to get a pickup when I call?
We have just a one week lead time on all orders.
Do I get waste tracking documentation?
Yes, you will receive one copy at the time of the pickup and the final copy will be uploaded to your client portal at bioservusa.com within 30 days of service.
How is billing done?
Clients are billed only at the time of service by invoice. For clients with an automatic service schedule with a frequency greater than once per month, invoices will be sent on a monthly basis. One time services provided for clients not under agreement with Bioserv will be COD.
Do you have any minimum service requirements?
No. On-call customers utilize our services on an as needed basis and automatic clients can adjust their schedule freely without penalty as we charge unit pricing only. With either service there are no minimum requirements.
Do you have monthly fees or additional fees?
No. We charge only upfront unit pricing. No fixed reoccurring costs and no additional fees or surcharges of any kind.